1. Photographer’s Responsibilities (“Services”). Aaron Palaian, PXLS Studio (“Photographer”) Photographer hereby agrees to perform photographic services for Client at the Wedding specified above in a professional, workmanlike manner according to the prevailing standards in the industry. Photographer may employ one or more assistants. Photographer shall, in consultation with the Client, individually edit, optimize, color-correct, enhance, and retouch the images taken at the Wedding.
2. Desposit/Payment. A non-refundable deposit (that shall be applied toward the total fee for the Services) of $250 is due upon execution of this Agreement, at which time Photographer commits to being available to Client on that date/time (subject to non-payment, reasonable emergencies and force majeure events). Final payment of the balance due for the Services shall be made no less than 7-days prior to the wedding date/time. In the event that Client fails to remit payment as specified, Photographer shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement with no further obligation to refund money (including the aforementioned deposit), or to attend the Wedding.
3. Copyright. All photographs taken by Photographer at the Wedding, in whatever form, are copyright-protected. Any copying, scanning, reprinting, duplicating, or altering of the photographs taken by Photographer, without Photographer’s express written permission is a violation of federal copyright law. Images are given to the client with copyright privileges in most instances. If that's what has been agreed to the Photographer will send the Client a letter giving permission to use and distribute the photos freely.
4. Term. The term of this Agreement shall commence upon the execution of this Agreement, and shall terminate upon Photographer’s delivery of the final, Client-approved online gallery to the Client, unless terminated earlier as provided herein.
5. Wedding Changes. Photographer must be notified immediately of any changes in schedule or location, at least 2 weeks in advance of the scheduled wedding date. If Client notifies Photographer by phone, a written (i.e. email) confirmation must be sent within 24 hours of such notification. If the date of the Wedding changes, and notice is not given the period specified above, then Photographer shall be entitled to 100% of the deposit as liquidated damages for having to reschedule the Wedding.
6. Cancellation. Upon acceptance of these terms and payment of the deposit, Photographer shall commit to attending the Wedding at the specified date and time, and shall make no other reservations for that date. If Client cancels the Wedding entirely, then Photographer shall make commercially reasonable attempts to rebook that date and time. Photographer shall charge a $50 rebooking fee if Wedding is cancelled (i.e. not rescheduled for a later date) by Client.
7. Proofs. A presentation of the images selected by Photographer in its sole discretion (“Proofs”) shall be made available to client via a password-protected online gallery within 2 weeks following the Wedding. Proofs may include artistic enhancements or touch-ups added to the images in Photographer’s sole discretion. Client has 2 weeks to provide either their revisions or their approval regarding image selection(s). If Client does not provide the necessary input within 2 weeks, then the Proofs shall be deemed to be accepted and Photographer shall incorporate the proofs into a final online gallery for delivery to the Client. Client shall have the opportunity to submit 2 rounds of revisions; if additional rounds of revisions are needed, Photographer shall charge client $50 for each additional revision. The Client also agrees to notify wedding guests of the online gallery by providing a hyperlink and password and Wedding identification information. The online gallery shall be available for at least 6 months.
8. Delivery Date. The online gallery shall be delivered no later than 7 days from the date of final Client approval.
9. Price Protection. Photographer warrants all prices quoted for Wedding images are valid for a period of 6 months following the Wedding. Orders placed after such period are subject to Photographer’s published pricing at the time of the orders’ placement.
10. Model Release. Client agrees that Photographer may use images of Client from any portion of the Work for display, publication, or other promotional uses without payment of additional compensation to Client or Client’s agents. Client’s guests at the Wedding shall be deemed to have consented to the use of their name, image, or likeness by Client or Photographer for the duration of the Wedding, and Client shall indemnify and defend Photographer from and against any claims that any of Client’s guests may assert against Photographer arising from, or related to, the use of any name, image, or likeness of Client’s guests by Photographer.
11. Jurisdiction. The state and federal courts serving Fort Bend County, Texas shall have exclusive jurisdiction over disputes arising from this Agreement, and both parties hereto consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
12. Attorney’s Fees. The prevailing party in any litigation or dispute involving this Agreement, or the Services performed thereunder, shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, and expenses arising from such litigation or dispute from non-prevailing party.
13. Assignment. This Agreement may not be assigned.
14. Indemnification. Client hereby acknowledges that Photographer may be limited by the guidelines or rules of the official performing the ceremony or the venue, and to hold Photographer harmless for the impact such restrictions may have on the final product.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. PHOTOGRAPHER’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY ARISING UNDER OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE FEES PAID BY CLIENT FOR THE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL PHOTOGRAPHER BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF CLIENT INFORMS PHOTOGRAPHER OF CIRCUMSTANCES THAT WOULD GIVE RISE TO SUCH DAMAGES.
16. Event Meals. Photographer and client shall agree in advance on arrangements for meals for Photographer and any assistants.
17. Choice of Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, notwithstanding its conflicts of laws provisions.
18. Waiver/Miscellaneous. This Agreement represents the complete and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter herein, notwithstanding any oral or written representations to the contrary made before, during, or after its execution. Any amendments to this Agreement shall only be effective if made in writing that is executed by both parties hereto.
19. Protection of Deliverables/Retention of Files. Photographer shall take all reasonable steps to protect the images that are recorded at the Event until such time as the Album is delivered to Client. Once the Gallery has been delivered, Photographer shall have no further obligation to preserve the images of the Wedding, regardless of the form of media in which they are stored.
Your name written below (digital signature) indicates acceptance of the terms of this contract (above) and the terms therein.